The Health Information Management Department at Northern Montana Health Care serves as a bridge connecting clinical operations, administration, and patients through maintaining quality patient information. Our professional HIM staff plays a vital role in patient care by ensuring Northern Montana Health Care has the right information available to our providers so they can serve our patients. They are highly trained in the latest information management technology and committed to maintaining quality electronic health records.
INFORMATION FOR OUR PATIENTS
Requesting a copy of your medical record: You have a right to review and receive a copy of your medical record.
- Please complete the Authorization for Disclosure of Protected Health Information.
Get the form by:
- Downloading Authorization for Disclosure of Protected Health Information by clicking on the link.
- Picking up a copy from the front desk.
- Call the Health Information Department at (406) 262-1226 to request a copy be mailed or faxed to you. –If you pick up your medical record in person, bring a current photo ID for verification (driver’s license, state-issued ID card, or passport). Otherwise, your medical record will be mailed to the address provided on your release form.
- Our fax number is 406-265-1639.
How much do Medical Records cost?
Medical records can be placed on a CD for a flat fee of $10.
If your medical record request is 5 pages or less, there is no charge for a copy of your medical record.
- If your medical record is more than 5 pages, the cost is 50 cents per additional page.
Exemptions may exist if there are reasonable indications of abuse or neglect. Minors in Montana can consent to certain medical treatments without their parents’ consent; testing for sexually transmitted diseases cannot be disclosed to parents unless the test is positive and the provider believes that there is a serious health risk. Parents do not have the right to view and amend the medical records of their adult, married or emancipated children
Read more: https://dphhs.mt.gov/HIPAA.aspx