Certified Lactation Counselors Now Available!
Northern Montana Healthcare is excited to offer new lactation counseling services to patients in the clinic and hospital.
Certified Lactation Counselors support breastfeeding and lactation and help solve any challenges patients may have with breastfeeding. Lactation counseling services are available to first-time mothers, surrogate mothers, and mothers who have experience breastfeeding but still would like extra support.
Certified Lactation Counselors can help patients:
- Learn how to increase or maintain a milk supply
- Recognize baby hunger cues
- Build a feeding schedule
- Support a good latch
- Treat sore or cracked nipples
- Treat breast engagement
- Find the most successful breastfeeding positions for mother and baby
- Learn how to use a breast pump